Mautner Project has long since servied as a cornerstone for educating health providers, health consumers, community activists and others about the need for LBT-specific and targeted health programming and outreach. Check out our offerings in community education and education for health providers available during 2011 below:
- Removing the Barriers and Removing the Barriers: Silver - training programs designed to educate and bring awareness to health care providers about lesbian, bisexual and transgender (LBT) health care needs.
- Tools for Caring - A program designed to educate about and increase access to breast health, breast cancer screening screening and breast cancer care available to LBT individuals in Washington, DC, Prince George's County, MD, and Arlington, VA.
- Spirit Health Education (S.H.E.) Circle - A wellness community by and for African American lesbian and bisexual women.
- Making Our Vitality Evident (MOVE) - A weight loss/risk reduction program encouraging women to make healthier choices around nutrition, participate in purposeful movement and openly discuss issues related to weight.
- SmokeLess LGBT DC - A coalition and education program designed to inform the LGBT community and allies about tobacco's negative health imapct on the LGBT community, the targeting of the LGBT community by the tobacco industry, the particular danger to LGBT youth, and the use of tobacco profits to fund public policies detrimental to the LGBT community.